CTL Amedica is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered Medical Device Company with offices in Addison, Texas. CTL designs, manufactures and distributes medical device products and systems for spinal surgeons; specifically implants and devices.
Position is responsible for purchasing and planning activities including managing supplier performance and assuring availability of raw materials, finished inventory and services to meet customer requirements. The position also supports product development as a cross functional team member sourcing prototypes and supporting product ramp up efforts. Requires 3 years + of Medical Device Procurement, Inventory Planning Experience and deployment of Quality System in an FDA/ISO 13485 compliant environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops/Maintains forecasting and demand planning model for purchased products and materials.
- Materials management using Excel spreadsheets and QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Generate and Track purchase orders. Maintain accurate open PO lines.
- Define requirements for a future ERP system. Assist with periodic inventory counts.
- Communicates product availability information to internal customers.
- Research, evaluate prospective qualified vendors, solicit quotes and provide input to management regarding various purchasing options. Analyze and review vendor quotes for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Maintain supplier relationships including visits.
- Purchases services and inventory from domestic and international qualified suppliers based on quality, delivery and price.
- Manage suppliers in compliance with CTL Amedica supplier qualification and maintenance procedure.
- Ensures required supporting specifications/documentation accompanies purchase orders, verifies acknowledgement of receipts and keeps up with status of open orders including changes to pricing, delivery and documentation.
- Develops alternate qualified suppliers for critical inventory and services.
- Facilitates Sales and Operations Planning meetings to ensure purchased products are available to meet sales forecasts.
- Actively contributes to supplier development activities and works with Quality to develop/maintain supplier management system.
- Follows CTL Amedica quality system policies and procedures to maintain compliance with FDA and ISO regulations.
- Supports efforts to reduce freight cost of inbound goods.
- Provides timely reports of key performance measurements of planning/purchasing activities.
- Requires 3 years + experience in medical device procurement and inventory planning within a manufacturing environment, experience in an FDA and ISO 13485 compliant environment.
- Experience in inventory planning.
- Associates degree in Logistics Supply Chain, Inventory Management. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), math and problem solving skills
- Intermediate-advanced computer skills in QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience of ERP systems.
- Warehouse experience.
- Advanced organizational skills are essential.
- Operates with sense of urgency tempered by ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and diplomacy.
****This is a full-time hourly position, but all benefits available 401K with employer matching, great health plan, dental and vision and paid sick days, holidays and vacation****
If you want to apply or have further questions, please see HR